In all the happenings of the week, we have had a couple of very busy days. I'm still in shock with the passing of my sister-in-law...but, everyone seems to be doing better day by day. Over that last few days I've had a lot of time to think about Annette, our Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ, and this great plan that we are a part of. I have come to realize how much I truly love Annette. We've had our differences, but I truly love her with my whole heart and know that she was my sister and forever will be. I am deeply saddened with her loss and will miss her so much, but I can only be happy for her because I know that she is happy and well. At the funeral service yesterday I could imagine her trying to cheer everybody up and trying to turn things into something more fun. In thinking about my Father in Heaven, I have a further knowledge about his love for us. He truly wouldn't make us do anything that he didn't think we could handle, and He gave us His Son so that things would be a little more tolerable, not easier! I feel Heavenly Father's love everyday, and hopefully I can share that love with others. The whole gist of this great plan we are in is that we can be with our families forever. Even though it was Annette's time to leave, she'll be there waiting when all of her loved ones get the chance to go home. It's through Jesus Christ that we can be with our families forever. He made it possible through His Atonement and Resurrection!
Through the hardness of it all, my nephews have been so cute. They get so excited to see pictures of their mom and they love talking about her. However, it breaks my heart when a knock at the door makes them ask if that's their mom coming to get them or when they ask if mommy is still sleeping. Josh isn't going to remember what's happened or much about his mom and Adam may only have a few memories, but Adam's faith is so strong. He has told us many times this week that his mommy is all better now. She's not sick anymore. Today as I was at my parent's house we were playing a game and my mom said something about her dad. Adam asked if that was Grandpa Adams. My mom said that it was. She told him that Grandpa Adams was in Heaven. Adam said that is where my mommy is. My mom asked him if he thought that his mom and grandpa were taking care of each other. He said that he thinks so. Mom asked what he thought they were doing. He answered that they were playing. She asked if he thought they were being missionaries. He said no I think they are going to church :)
It's through Adam's faith and innocence that I can continue to press forward in my own testimony and know that Heavenly Father truly holds all of us in his heart and knows what is best for us.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment