This isn't going to be a very happy post, but I have so much going through my head right now that I need to get it out. My heart has been broken... Shadd called me about a half an hour ago to let me know that one of my good friends in our ward, also my visiting teacher, lost their baby last night. She is four months old, she died in her sleep. They have three little boys, and they wanted a girl so badly. The whole time Pam was pregnant she was so excited to get her little girl, she was going to have pink in her house and she was finally going to have her Felicity. This is one of the sweetest families you could ever know. My heart is broken for them and I can't stop crying...
Right after Shadd called me I started to cry. I instantly got to my knees and prayed that Heavenly Father would bless these wonderful people and help them to get through this. It makes me so grateful to have the gospel in my life and to have a testimony of the temple and of the plan of salvation. I don't know where I would be without the gospel in my life. It is everything to me, and I know that I take it for granite. At the same time I can't help but feel a little guilty that while my baby is well and healthy they had to give theirs back to Heavenly Father. If it was Heavenly Father's will for me to have to give back Kenidee I don't know if I would be able to.
I love my little girl more than anything in the world, and I am so grateful to have her in my life and to be her mommy. I will not let a single day go by without thanking Heavenly Father for such a wonderful little girl. She is such a joy to our family. I would keep her a baby forever if I didn't have to let her grow up.
I am also so grateful to be blessed with such a wonderful husband that loves me and puts up with me. Shadd is incredible. He is my best friend and I love him so much. Right now I am most grateful that my family can be together forever!!!
10 years ago
3 comments:
That is really sad. I am so sorry! I couldn't help but tear up when I read this. At least we have the gospel and your friend knows she will see her little girl again. I couldn't even imagine how hard that would be. Hang in there and know that it will all be ok in the end. I am so glad that we have eternity! I love you guys!
I am so sorry to hear about that. What a beautiful testimony. I know in my own life, sometimes it takes something like that for me to realize and be grateful for all of my blessings to.
I'm so sorry to hear that too, that is just awful. I think it's so hard to hear about things like that especially when it hits close to home and you have a little girl too.
Post a Comment