CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sorry No Pictures...

It's been a while since we posted anything that I thought I should just jot down a few things. I'll take some pictures later this week of our ever so cute little Kenidee. Anyway, we've had a couple of busy weeks...

Shadd started another semester of school this week. He is taking a couple of English classes, and he is preparing to take the ACT so that he can apply for BYU. He has done so great with school, I am so proud of him! However, after much prayer and consideration we both feel that UVU isn't exactly where he is supposed to be. Hence, the applying for BYU. Shadd is so great. He works so hard and tries so hard at everything does. He takes care of us, and he puts up with me. For those of you who can't imagine it I am quite a handful and Shadd is so great to be patient with me. I love him more than anything in the world! I couldn't ask for a better husband and best friend. I can't imagine what my life would even be like if he weren't in it...


This last week I also started back up at school. I'm still going to BYU, I am just retaking a couple of classes in hopes of a higher GPA, and I will be reapplying to the nursing program again for next January. So, hopefully come this time next year I will actually be getting somewhere with all of these classes that I have taken.

Our cute little Kenidee just turned eight months old this last Wednesday. She is the joy of our life. She brings so much happiness to our little family. We can't imagine what it would be like without her. She is getting so big. She is over 20 pounds. She crawls all over the house. If we leave the room, she is close behind trying to figure out where we went. She would rather stand than sit, and she pulls herself up on everything. She walks along all of the furniture and yesterday she was standing behind her walker and she would push it and walk behind it. I can't believe how big she is :( The past couple of days she has been pretty sick. She woke up Friday morning and she could hardly breathe and she had an awful cough. Throughout the day she kept getting a little bit worse and her fever kept getting higher. We took her to the doctor and she has croup. They gave her a steroid shot, and finally today she was feeling better and her cheeks were pink again. She was so sick that she just wanted to be held and snuggled. She would just look at us with her big blue eyes pleading for us to help her.

Hopefully life will slow down a bit. We hope you are all doing great!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

i didn't know you were back in school! you guys are going to be busy.....but it will be so worth it! poor little kenidee......i hope she's better soon!

brunger bunch said...

Good Luck with the school thing. It is hard, but so worth it in the end.

The Farrs said...

We enjoyed your the pictures in your Christmas greeting. I didn't get cards sent this year because I was in Utah babysitting grandchildren and then I got sick. One of my granddaughters had the croop while I was there and I felt so sorry for her. I've heard of several children getting it. I hope your school plans will all fall into place for you. Shadd, we still think of you almost every time we build a fire :-). We kept the woodstove going constantly over the holiday, especially since we were without power for 5 days!