I generally like to think that I work in one of the greatest places that you could work, and that's at the hospital on the mother/baby floor with all the excited parents and cute little babies. Last night at work a visitor to one of my patients and a neighbor growing up said, that coming to see a new baby is always a happy time. She loves coming to the hospital for these occasions... However, sometimes it is a very sad time for families and little did she know that just a few doors down there was a mom and dad grieving the loss of their beautiful baby that was 37 weeks. At work on saturday night I had the opportunity to take care of this family and again last night I was able to help them with some stuff. When I first met this mom and dad my heart was instantly broken. I so badly wanted to ease their pain, and as I was able to help them last night I wanted to cry with them (i tried holding off until leaving their room). As my heart was breaking over and over for this little family I couldn't help but say a little prayer and thank Heavenly Father for my beautiful daughter and for eternal families and to give them peace and comfort.
Through the night I had a lot of time to think about how important the gospel is in my life and without the knowledge that I have of the plan of salvation I don't think I could make it through a single day. I am so grateful to have my family for eternity and to have made sacred covenants with Heavenly Father in the temple! The happiest place on earth might not be where I work, but it is truly with my eternal family.
10 years ago
4 comments:
Wow Steff you gave me chills. Very touching
I enjoyed browsing several of your posts as I haven't had much time to lately! What a sweet little family you have. I didn't realize you worked in the hospital. I cannot imagine losing a child...it is nice that you could be a comfort with your knowledge of the gospel.
You made me cry, is true sometimes we are so busy with our lives that we don't notice how bless we are and the great gift that we have, eternal families.
What a great post! It is sad that it takes times like these to make me realize how blessed I am to have my 3 beauties!! I feel bad for taking it for granted!!
Post a Comment